Search This Blog

Monday, June 14, 2010

And in other news...

Today's post will be mostly a hodgepodge of my life's current tidbits. None of them really long enough to merit their own post, but each of them interesting.


Joey has developed quite a frustrating habit. We have never shared a room before - until now - and he has decided to wake me up as soon as dawn's first light comes streaming through the windows. He never did this in Mississippi, but again, we never lived in the same room. As soon as light hits our bedroom, he's awake - proclaiming the new day by barking at me until I get out of bed. This isn't a sweet chirp - "oh I'm happy the sun's up," - sing along either... This is a guttural, angry - "Daddy, get out of bed NOW!!!" - type deal.

So, to placate him, I started letting him out of his cage, and putting his playpen next to my bed. That way he could play and be close to me, but I could still sleep. This worked for a day. The next day, when I moved him and his playpen, I quickly learned that I had merely moved my nature made alarm clock closer to my head. He squawked for another half hour before I finally gave in and got up.

This morning I decided to open his window and let him play on his cage, instead of moving his playpen. This worked less than moving his playpen. There I was in a half-asleep stupor being shouted at by a parrot, contemplating burying my head between my pillows - when I let out a fart (classy, I know). The fart was so loud and powerful that it billowed the sheets and terrified Joey. He tried to fly away, but his wings are clipped, so down he went - to the floor, where he sat quietly and waited on me to pick him up.

The lesson I learned: to get someone to shut up, all you have to do is fart. I don't think I'll try this around humans though - at least not intentionally.


My dreams have been off the wall recently. Every night over this last week has been a new adventure. Last night, for instance, I dreamed that I was still living in Detroit, but I was about to move (this was probably brought on by Phase 3 - coming up on Friday). My apartment was my old Detroit apartment - The Nine, or the Penthouse - as people referred to it in my imagination. Very few things about it, however, were similar to the real apartment. The only thing that remained the same was my back fire escape / security door was in the bedroom. Everything else was completely different, but this door played a pivotal role.

Someone who used to live in the apartment (with the help of his friends and younger sibling) tried to break in with an old key, but I had the security bar in place, so they couldn't get in. They were convinced, however, I held a fortune in the apartment, because of a secret code I had stored. I was a touch paranoid, about them getting in, and getting the code - and as I should have been since they were quite determined. The code was meaningless without another code to decipher it, which they didn't know about. My one mission (should I not be able to keep them out, and away from my the codes altogether) was to keep the codes separate.

They were trying to make me look crazy, and blackmail me out of the code - while at the same time messing with my belongings. It was pretty deep psychological warfare they were playing - part of which included videotaping me as I confronted them about being on my balcony. It all came to a head when I ended up in a knife fight with the main guy, after stealing his little brother's professional newscaster grade video camera. Anyway, I carved him up pretty good, but he threw my laptop over my balcony crushing it, and drove away. Welcome to the world of my dreams.


Lastly, I have a date on Wednesday! It will be my first date since August of 2008, when my last boyfriend and I called it quits. I haven't met a decent enough guy in almost two years to consider dating, and haven't really had the time. This is very exciting. The only worry I have is that he has a kid. I'm not sure if I'm ready to be involved with someone who is already a parent. That being said, this is only date one, so I can't over-think this now. (There will be plenty of time for over-thinking later.) I'm not going to let silly worries interfere with me having a good time. Also, he is really cute, and from our recent talks - we seem to click personality wise. Hopefully, even if we aren't romantically compatible, I'll at least end up with a new friend.

1 comment:

  1. Ok the parrot fart thing had me cracking up :D, yeah Im classy

    ReplyDelete